When I first showed Mr. G the cake, he said, "Who is this character?" I said, "is it that bad that you can't tell?". Before I go further, let me show you what he saw.
translated from Eupho Cafe
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp milk
85g. cake flour
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2. Separate the egg yolks and the egg whites. Beat egg yolks, 20g of sugar, and honey until it’s light yellow. Mix in vegetable oil and milk until incorporated.
3. Preheat oven to 150-degree/300 degree.
4. Sift the cake flour. Fold the cake flour into the yolk mixture until just incorporated.
5. Add cream of tartar to egg whites, and beat until soft peaks. Then add 50g of sugar in increments, until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Continue until all the egg whites are incorporated.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Hit the pan gently against the counter once to remove large bubbles. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Allow cake to cool in the pan upside down. When completely cool, take the cake out of the pan.
1/2 cup cold water
2 tsp gelatin
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2. Pour the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in bowl of a mixer. Beat until the cream starts to thicken and add the gelatin mixture and beat until soft peaks form.