Sep 13, 2007

Mango pudding


My coworker gave me some mangoes, so I thought I would make some refreshing mango pudding. There's a local dim sum restaurant called Panda Cuisine that has the best mango pudding. I tried looking online for a similar recipe, and found one at Saffron Trail. The mango pudding came out really well, it's really refreshing for a hot summer day. Here's the recipe:

Mango pudding
adapted from Saffron Trail

ingredients:
2 cups mango puree (Peel the mangoes, cube and puree )
1 cup evaporated milk
1 envelope of gelatin
200 ml water

1. Add the mango puree and milk into a bowl. Mix well.

2. Dissolve the gelatin in 200 ml hot water thoroughly.

3. Add the gelatin mixture to the mango mixture and stir.

4. Divide the mixture between 5 ramekins and refrigerate for an hour. The pudding should look set and jiggle when shaken.

5. To unmould- dip the bases of ramekins in warm water, run a knife blade to free the pudding from the sides, shake gently and upturn onto a plate.

Note:

  • The original recipe called for 1/3 cup of sugar, I didn't add it because after tasting the mixture, I thought it was sweet enough.
  • I think next time I will use less water, I felt it diluted the mango puree too much.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting