Oct 8, 2007

Baked artichoke dip


I had some friends over for dinner on friday and wanted to make them a special dinner. I wanted them to have something to much on while I finished dinner, so I made an artichoke dip. The dip was so easy to make and it came out really great!! Here's the recipe.

Baked Artichoke dip
adapted from Joy of Cooking

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan (4 oz)
1 can of artichoke hearts (13.75 oz)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp of dry bread crumbs


  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the mayonnaise and the Parmesan in a medium bowl.
  2. Pulse the artichoke hearts in a food processor until chopped. Mix the artichoke hearts in the mayonnaise mixture. Add black pepper.
  3. Put mixture into a small baking dish or oven-proof crock. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the dip.
  4. Bake until bread crumbs turn brown, about 20 minutes.
Note:
  • Original recipe adds 1 tbsp of lemon juice or dry white wine to the dip. I didn't add the dip because I used Japanese mayonnaise which is more tart than American mayonnaise. If you're using regular mayonnaise, you might want to add the lemon juice. The original recipe also calls for 1 tsp of olive oil to be sprinkle over the bread crumbs, I omitted this step because I thought it wasn't necessary.
  • I suggest putting the small baking dish in a baking pan before putting it in the oven. Because when it was baking, some of the dip spilled over, and it's just easier for transport.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting