Dec 11, 2007

Mini Turkey Burgers



I was having all these heavy meals and wanted something light for dinner. I made some mini turkey burgers from Everyday food magazine. I was worried that turkey burgers would be dry and won't taste very good. But these turkey burgers were not dry at all, I even used 99% lean meat instead of the 93% lean that the recipe called for. The burgers came out very juicy! I used taro bread for my buns, added some alfalfa sprouts, and tomatoes. Here's the recipe:

Mini Turkey Burgers
everyday food magazine

2 slices of white sandwich bread (about 1 oz each)
1 lb ground turkey
2 oz cheddar cheese (coarsely grated, about 1/2 cup)
1/2 small onion, coarsely grated
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tsp olive oil
12 party size potato rolls
lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and mustard

  1. In a food processor, pulse bread until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl; add turkey, cheese and onion. Season with salt and pepper, and mix gently until just combined. Form twelve 2 inch patties (about 3 tbsp each)
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Cook patties until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard, if desired.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the look of the bread!! These look like very tasty burgers.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting