Jun 30, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies with walnuts


I just started my sewing class! I was so excited about my class that I decided to make some cookies for the class. I used this recipe from Alice Medrich's Cookies and Brownies book. This is a really special cookbook. I've been wanting this for so long, but it's out of print. My sister found a used copy for me and I've been reading it like a novel, from cover to cover! heehee. I really love Alice Medrich!!

As for the cookies, I wish I could say they're spectacular, but I can't. I have to be true to my food affair!! I really wanted to love them, but they're just good, not spectacular. They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. This recipe uses melted butter with sugar instead of softened butter. I think it's because of this reason that the cookie has a caramelized flavor. I still have some dough in the freezer, I'm going to try it again. Maybe my taste buds were just off. heehee.

Here's the recipe.


Chocolate chip cookie with walnuts
from Cookies and Brownies

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
16 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans


1. Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk or a fork. Set aside.

2. Cut the butter into chunks and melt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt.

3. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture just until all of the dry ingredients are moistened. Let the mixture and the pan cool. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.

4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Remove the dough from the refrigerator to soften. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place them 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets.

5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and no longer look wet on top. Rotate baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back about halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.

6. Remove from the oven and let cookies firm up on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Use a metal pancake turner to transfer them to a rack to cool completely before storing or stacking. May be store in a tightly sealed container for several days.

2 comments:

WendyinKK said...

Yummy yummy.
I don't think your class buddies will be able to just eat one.

Unknown said...

I like these cookies very much....
==========
SEO projects

 

Template by Best Web Hosting