Dec 24, 2010

Macadamia nut cornflake cookies


Merry Christmas everyone!! Today, I bring you a treat, a yummy cookie recipe that is easy to make!! I have a friend that's a cookie connoisseur. She makes the best cookies and she will keep making the cookies until they're perfect. She tweaks the ingredients and techniques to make a wonderful cookie. A few months ago, she gave me these Macadamia nut cornflake cookies and they were so delicious!!! I, of course, asked for her recipe.

I have been slowly accumulated all the ingredients getting ready to make these cookies and finally decided to make these cookies for Mr. G's coworkers for Christmas. The funny thing is these are probably one of the easiest cookies I have ever made. They're so simple, yet so delicious. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. Who dares change a recipe from the cookie master? Her recipe comes with very simple directions, I've written it up to include more extensive directions.

Before I share the recipe with you, I wanted to share this photograph with you. It's the most amazing gingerbread display I have ever seen. The pastry chefs at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel created this massive gingerbread display. Mr. G and I went to look at it last night and it was AMAZING!! This picture doesn't do it justice. If you're in Hawaii, go check it out. =)




Macadamia nut cornflake cookies
from Mrs. T
makes 26 cookies

1 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 5/8 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup cornflakes
3/4 cup macadamia nuts


1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined. Fold in cornflakes and macadamia nuts with a spatula.

2. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons (I used a 1 1/2 tbsp ice cream scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie and bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are golden brown.

6 comments:

Randi said...

Mahalo for coming to check out our 2010 Gingerbread Village. Your pictures are amazing! We truly appreciate your gracious compliments. Hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year!

Mahalo,
Randi Okuhara
Online Marketing Coordinator
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel

kk said...

Thanks for visiting, Randi! Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me if the macadamia nut cookie recipe is missing baking powder or baking soda?

Thanks!

kk said...

nope, that's it! This cookie is more like a shortbread cookie, it's not puffy or soft like a chocolate chip cookie. hope this helps! =)

Anonymous said...

What kind of flour do you use? All-purpose flour?

kk said...

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. It is all purpose flour! I hope you enjoy the cookies as much as I did!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting