May 11, 2011

Chocolate Almond Toffee


One of my classmates from my Indian cooking class made this during our last class. I immediately hounded her for the recipe because it was one of the best toffee I've ever had. She starts writing it, from memory, on a piece of scratch paper. It's that simple. I made these for Mr. G for a potluck he had and it was soooo good I got a proposal from someone I've never met. haha =) Here's the recipe, don't be scared about the calories in the ingredient list, just share!

Chocolate Almond Toffee

2 sticks of butter
1 1/3 cup of sugar
1 tbsp corn syrup
3 tbsp water
4 oz of finely chopped chocolate (see note)
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (see note)


1. Melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar, corn syrup and water to the butter and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until mixture reaches approximately 310 degrees. By then, your toffee will have a golden brown color.

2. While your toffee is cooking, line a 9x13 pan with foil and grease with butter. When the mixture is finished, pour the mixture in the pan.

3. Sprinkle chocolate over toffee. Using a spatula, spread chocolate on top of toffee. Add the chopped nuts and you're done!

Notes:
  • *I used semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use any type of chocolate you like.
  • *I used almonds, but feel free to use any type of nuts you like.  I toasted the almonds before chopping it. 

4 comments:

dollee said...

Do you need my address? You know, so you can send me a care package? ;)

kk said...

Heehee. I actually don't have your new address! =)

DG said...

Delicious, addicting and thanks for sharing!

kk said...

DG, They are very addicting!!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting