Jul 4, 2007

paper-lined sponge cake



I just got back from a trip to San Francisco and San Jose. While walking in the San Francisco Chinatown, it brought back so many memories of growing up in Hong Kong. All the foods and snacks that I used to eat as a child. So I decided to make this paper-lined sponge cake. If you've gone to any Chinese bakery in Chinatown, you'll often see these paper lined cup cakes. They're not as sweet as American cup cakes and have a rich egg taste. I found a recipe from Do What I like blog and made it yesterday. The cake actually came out really well, just like I remembered as a child.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this stuff! Sometimes they use vanilla bean, and you can see the bits of beans in there. So good! I live in SF and I'm Chinese, so I eat this regularly.

kk said...

You're so lucky to live in SF!!! I wish I could move there! =)

 

Template by Best Web Hosting