Cream cheese chiffon cake
Adapted from Cherry pinky fantasy
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
10g lemon juice
40g cream cheese
20g melted butter
55g cake flour, sifted twice
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt cream cheese over double boiler.
3. Once the cream cheese is melted, slowly add the milk. Add the melted butter and lemon juice. Whisk the mixture to combine after each addition.
4. Whisk in one egg yolk at a time. When the mixture is incorporated, sift cake flour into the mixture. Whisk together until just combined.
5. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Once the egg whites are foamy, add in the sugar, tablespoon by tablespoon. Whisk until soft peak forms.
6. Add a third of the egg whites to the cheese mixture to lighten it. Then, gently but thoroughly fold the rest of the egg whites to the cheese mixture.
7. Gently pour the mixture into a 6 inch round pan. Gently tap the pan against the counter a few times to remove large air bubbles. Bake for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool upside down in the pan. Once the cake is cool, remove from the pan and serve.
- I didn't have a six inch round pan, and ended up using two small cake pans I bought in Japan.
- I only had to bake the cake for 35 minutes.