adapted from Rabbit sims
250 g cream cheese
50ml fresh cream
150g Egg white (appx. 4 large eggs)
138g Egg yolks (appx 4 large eggs)
butter and plain flour (for buttering the mould)
7. Bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes until the top is brown. Reduce the temperature to 26o degrees and bake for another 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the tin. Remove from tin when cooled and refrigerate.
- I used caster sugar for this recipe.
- It takes a long time for the cream cheese mixture to melt. When melting the cream cheese mixture, there will be lumps of cream cheese that are left in the mixture that won't melt. Don't worry, those will be strained out later.
- It's important to strain the cream cheese mixture because otherwise you'll have lumps in your cheesecake.
- Keep checking the water level of the bain marie to make sure you have enough water in the pan.